Sunday, February 17, 2013

Sports Journalism: What you think.


Sports Journalism is probably one of the most read forms of news media in the world today. Being a top form of entertainment, the world of sports journalism lends itself to much more interpretation then the rest of the news world. In reading the Boston Globe this week, I noticed that sports journalism takes up much of the front page headline space. I then proceeded to read the articles and what I found was interesting. Most of them were not play by plays. or game summary’s, or even first hand accounts, but rather offer analysis of what the writer thinks are the greater trends. The article are about their own expectations for new players, or criticism of Lebron. This field differentiates from most of the news world, because the opinions of others are excepted within sports journalism. When you read the articles about the russian meteor, you want to know what happened, not what the writers think of the event. In sports however, we enjoy hearing the “experts” interpretation.

No comments:

Post a Comment